Secure Shell Protocol (SSH)
The SocketTools SSH ActiveX control enables your application to establish a secure terminal session with a remote host, and to execute commands on the system and have the output returned to your application. This is most commonly used with interactive terminal sessions and for remote administration of a server. SSH ensures that your user credentials and the data exchanged between your local system and the remote server is protected using industry standard encryption algorithms. For more information and to download a free, fully functional evaluation copy of SocketTools, please select one of the following links:
Download Free Evaluation
Download a free copy of SocketTools with a fully functional evaluation license that is valid for 30 days.
Place an order using our secure online order form and get your development license on the same business day.
Review the online technical reference for SocketTools, including the properties, methods and events for this control.
The Secure Shell (SSH) protocol provides a secure communication channel between the local system and a remote host, ensuring that the user's credentials and data (such as the commands being sent and the output being returned) is encrypted. It is primarily used for remote logins and server administration on UNIX and Linux based systems, although there are a number of SSH servers also available for the Windows platform. The SSH control enables your application to connect to a remote host, authenticate and interact with the system. You can either establish a terminal session using a command-line interface, or you can simply execute commands on the remote host and have the output returned to you in a string buffer. Here's an overview of just some of this control's features:
- An ATL-based ActiveX control compatible with Visual Basic 6.0 and many other languages
- Support for the SSH version 1.0 and 2.0 protocols
- Establish an interactive terminal session, logging in and accessing the command line
- Execute remote commands and have the output returned directly to your application
- Provide a modern Windows interface for legacy character-based applications on a server
- Low resource utilization and no external dependencies on third-party libraries
- Support for both synchronous and asynchronous network connections
- An extensive Developer's Guide and online Technical Reference
- A professional technical support staff and extensive online support resources
- No runtime licensing fees or additional royalties, unlimited redistribution to end-users
- We're a trusted company with over 15 years experience developing Internet components
The SSH control supports secure connections using either version 1.0 or 2.0 of the SSH protocol. Data is encrypted using industry standard protocols, protecting both the client authentication credentials and the data that is being exchanged. Enabling the security features in your application is typically as simple as setting a single property or specifying an additional connection option. SocketTools supports strong encryption up to 256 bits and the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) cipher, among several others. The data encryption is handled transparently, with no special knowledge required on your part, and does not depend on any external third-party libraries. The SocketTools SSH control provides reliable connections to secure servers, ensuring that your data is always protected.
SocketTools ActiveX Edition
The SocketTools ActiveX Edition includes ActiveX controls that can be used
with a wide variety of visual programming languages, such as Visual Basic 6.0
and PowerBuilder. The controls can be placed on a form using a visual designer,
or they can be referenced and created dynamically without a form. They can also
be created as automation objects, which allows them to be used with scripting
languages such as VBScript. In addition to this SSH control, the SocketTools
ActiveX Edition includes controls for a wide variety of protocols, including
everything you need to create Internet enabled applications quickly and easily.
» Learn More